4 Office Lunch Catering Pet Peeves & How to Deal With Them
Managing an office is a time-consuming job and there are few tools out there that can help make this role less hands-on, except when it comes to lunch catering. Juggling people’s many needs and managing countless vendors all while ensuring the day-to-day functions of the office run smoothly – we salute you.
To help simplify one task on your plate, we’ve identified five common pet peeve’s amongst those who manage their office’s lunch catering and came up with a solution for each of them.
1. “What’s for lunch today?” – The same people each week.
Put a stop to countless slack messages and people approaching your desk all morning inquiring about today’s menu by making all office lunch catering meals visible to your team. We suggest keeping your monthly calendar up to date with all meals and meal times so that your team can plan ahead. Slack channels are also a great way to communicate weekly meals company-wide.
At Chewse we make it easy to integrate our dashboard with your company calendar and Slack channel so that your team can view what’s for lunch quickly and easily. The name of the restaurant and all the items within the meal are listed out so that everyone is in the know.
If you are a current Chewse customer, here’s how to set this up:
- Log into your Chewse dashboard.
- Click the green drop-down arrow on the top right corner next to your name.
- Select “Preferences” and then “Notifications” on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down until you see “Integrations”
- Here you can add your SMS phone number to receive text message alerts, connect your company Slack channel, connect your company calendar, or share calendar set up instructions with your team.
2. “Yes, Karen, I know you’re gluten-free” – Every office admin.
With a new Karen joining your growing team each month, we understand that managing everyone’s dietary restrictions can be challenging. Gathering dietary restrictions for your lunch catering is easiest when done during the onboarding process. You can download our Dietary Restriction Onboarding Sheet to gather your team’s information at your office.
As your office grows our team of food experts will continue to optimize your meals to ensure that they fit your office’s changing needs. At Chewse we believe everyone deserves a seat at the table.
If you are a current Chewse customer our dedicated Help Desk team can make these changes for you by messaging them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 888-506-6062.
3. Stop eating the vegetarian food.
Some days folks aren’t in the mood for chicken, and stuffed mushrooms are delicious – we get it. Planning your lunch catering around a number of dietary restrictions and preferences can be tough, but it’s even harder ensuring those meals go to the right person while a line of hungry employees are grabbing their food.
We suggest placing a laminated note with a stop sign that reads “Stop, this food is for those with dietary restrictions!” Feel free to download the Stop Sign Printout we use at our office.
4. New year, new diets.
We both know Alex’s new diet will be short-lived, but for now, he’s Keto.
Change is a good thing – we support it. Whether you are accommodating January diets or needing a more upscale lunch catering experience for a quarterly leadership meeting our dashboard can help.
With Chewse you can customize your meals or add additional meals all from our customer dashboard to ensure that every meal is perfect for the occasion. You can preview your complete meals and make changes hassle-free. More momo’s? No problem.
To swap out or add items to your meal as a Chewse customer:
- To be fair to our restaurant partners please keep in mind that changes to your meal must be made before 5:00 PM PST, two business days prior to your meal date, or else our team may not be able to implement the request.
- Log into your Chewse dashboard.
- From your calendar click on the meal you’d like to change.
- On the right-hand side of the screen use the “Swap” and “Add” buttons to make changes to your meal.
Office lunch catering for all.
We know how hard you work which is why we’re always looking for ways to make managing your office lunch catering a piece of cake. To ensure you have a seamless meal experience we handle ordering, delivery, set-up and everything in between so you can enjoy the meal with your team.
Happy New Year!