Through food, we build a more authentically connected world. Our quality, family-style meals foster a sense of community and help build meaningful relationships. If this sounds appetizing, drop us a line; we’d love to hear from you.
We believe in transparency.
The way most companies treat salary information is deeply broken – so we changed it. We are 100% open on compensation at every level (really, check our jobs ads).
Compensation should not be taboo. This doesn’t just embody our values, but empowers us to hire better, faster, & more fairly.
– Our retention rates are over 3x the industry average.
– Women hold over 50% of our leadership positions.
Full Time Employees receive excellent benefits plus some uniquely Chewse perks:
– Catered lunches & monthly “Syssitia” team events
– Professional Development & Team Love funds
– Flexible time off, plus 8 extra paid holidays, & dedicated sick leave
– Pet friendly offices
– Great Health, Vision, & Dental Parental Leave, Commuter Benefits, Snacks & Drinks, etc.
We want to grow together. Every role has a clear career (and compensation) path. We practice an open-door policy, scheduled 1:1s, & review cycles strictly dedicated to helping employees.
A culture of Love & Excellence
Our values create a microcosm of how an interconnected world might look & feel.
Rally around the customer experience
Find joy in service to others
Be direct with kindness
Own your personal growth
Move uncomfortably fast
Push the bar 10x higher
How Chewse Operationalized Transparency — Starting With Salaries
“Incorporating transparency from the very start will set the tone for the organization you become. It’s so critical that you hire people who want open salaries — not just as a tool, but as the type of person who appreciates that approach.”
– We are a mission-driven organization where profits follow doing the right thing
– We’re successful – profitable since 2017, $34M raised, and growing rapidly
– Industry leading diversity, retention, compensation fairness, & employee satisfaction
– Our company-wide yearly average for time off taken is 4 weeks
– We are transparent – right up to open salaries
– Dedicated training budgets & career paths, and fast-track growth opportunities (Rising Leaders Program)
– Ownership – All full-time roles include equity
Chewse Offices: 1161 Mission St, San Francisco,CA 94103
Our hiring process
We strive for a clear, simple, efficient, and fair hiring process at every step, and promise to get back to you in a timely manner. Some roles are a little different, but generally:
The First Call
Here we’ll share more about the role including salary – and learn about you and your background.
Internal Review – The Hiring Manager will then review your profile and we’ll confirm next steps ASAP
A phone (or video) interview with 1-to-2 from the Chewse team, including your potential manager if possible, to explore your skills, experience, and shared values – and, of course, answer all your questions
These run around 4 hours at a local office, almost always include a shared meal, & will have you meeting with stakeholders from several different teams
We’ll decide quickly and let you know the outcome. If making an offer, we’ll call to share discuss salary, equity, benefits, potential start dates, etc. then email you a summary. We always make everyone our best offer first, and don’t negotiate salaries
Once you sign your offer letter, we’ll reach out to get your onboarding started!