Through food, we build a more authentically connected world!
We believe teams that eat together, thrive together. Our quality, family-style meals
foster a sense of community and authentic connection.
We believe in Transparency
The way most companies treat salary information is deeply broken – so we changed it. We are 100% open on compensation at every level (really, check our jobs ads).
- Compensation should not be taboo. This doesn’t just embody our values, but empowers us to hire better, faster, & more fairly
- Our retention rates are over 3x the industry average
- Women hold over 50% of our leadership positions
Read more in this interview with our founder, Tracy.
We want to grow together. Every role has a clear career (and compensation) path. We practice an open-door policy, scheduled 1:1s, & review cycles strictly dedicated to helping employees.
Full Time Employees receive excellent benefits plus some uniquely Chewse perks:
- Catered lunches & monthly “Syssitia” team events
- Professional Development & Team Love funds
- Flexible time off, plus 8 extra paid holidays, & dedicated sick leave
- Pet friendly offices
- Great Health, Vision, & Dental Parental Leave, Commuter Benefits, Snacks & Drinks, etc.
A culture of Love & Excellence
Our values create a microcosm of how an interconnected world might look & feel.
- Rally around the customer experience
- Find joy in service to others
- Be direct with kindness
- Own your personal growth
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Push the bar 10x higher
We have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley and Austin!
- We are a mission-driven organization where profits follow doing the right thing
- We’re successful – profitable since 2017, $34M raised, and growing rapidly
- Industry leading diversity, retention, compensation fairness, & employee satisfaction
- Our company-wide yearly average for time off taken is 4 weeks
- We are transparent – right up to open salaries
- Dedicated training budgets & career paths, and fast-track growth opportunities (Rising Leaders Program)
- Ownership – All full-time roles include equity
The genesis for the company came from co-founder and CEO Tracy Lawrence, at vulnerable place in her childhood when she was bullied.
When I was 10 years old, I was bullied so badly that I was eating lunch alone in a bathroom stall from the ages of 7 to 10. It was a really difficult time. I never connected the dots until later in my life. But this is why I built a company that ensures no one eats lunch alone and what pushed me toward creating a company around food. I just found it so comforting. The best part of my day is eating lunch with my team. That’s how you build authentic relationships.
Later in her adult life, Tracy became an event planner and quickly realized what a nightmare it is to handle meals for all-hands meetings, given everyone’s different dietary restrictions and preferences. Thus Chewse was born.
Our hiring process
We strive for a clear, simple, efficient, and fair hiring process at every step, and promise to get back to you in a timely manner. Some roles are a little different, but generally:
- The First Call – Here we’ll share more about the role including salary – and learn about you and your background.
- Internal Review – The Hiring Manager will then review your profile and we’ll confirm next steps ASAP
- Phone Interview – A phone (or video) interview with 1-to-2 from the Chewse team, including your potential manager if possible, to explore your skills, experience, and shared values – and, of course, answer all your questions
- Onsite Interview – These run around 4 hours at a local office, almost always include a shared meal, & will have you meeting with stakeholders from several different teams
- Your Offer – We’ll decide quickly and let you know the outcome. If making an offer, we’ll call to share discuss salary, equity, benefits, potential start dates, etc. then email you a summary. We always make everyone our best offer first, and don’t negotiate salaries
- Getting Started – Once you sign your offer letter, we’ll reach out to get your onboarding started!
Enjoy your work, build lasting relationships, and help us bring the same to companies everywhere!
Chewse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.