Who are we?
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
So What’s the Job Really?
We are looking for an outstanding Account Manager to join our Customer Experience team! Your mission is to develop strong, long-term relationships with customers in order to retain and increase revenue. You’ll be the face of Chewse and the day-to-day contact for our largest accounts. You will be responsible for building customer relationships that promote trust and transparency, working strategically to ensure your accounts are getting maximum possible value from our service and mitigating churn. You will help to build processes to scale our Account Management team nationally.
Note: While you will be managing Los Angeles account, this role is based in San Francisco.
- Hit revenue retention and upsell goals consistently
- Build processes for and maintain regular proactive communication with your accounts
- Educate and train clients on how they can best use our products to satisfy their goals and make Chewse a celebrated part of their office culture
- Define success for each of your accounts and build plans for how to accomplish those goals
- Visit customers to build relationships with key stakeholders and identify opportunities for upsell
- Understand the potential revenue risks associated with your account and develop mitigation strategies, taking ownership of the outcome
- Serve as a Chewse expert – you should be able to talk fluently about our Chewse and answer the most complex of client questions
- 2+ years customer facing experience (account management, customer success management, etc.)
- Excellent communicator. You’re able to build excellent relationships and communicate complex information and processes clearly and concisely.
- You’re an expert expectation setter. You’ve got the ability to say no and redirect clients to an alternate, equally fulfilling solution.
- You’re a passionate advocate for clients and are doing so constantly. You want to get clients to achieve their goals, which means working cross-functionally to advocate for them internally.
- You empathize strongly with the customer. You put yourself in their shoes, get curious about the root causes of pain points, and are passionate about long-term solutions for their problems
- You’re creative. You navigate all kinds of roadblocks to achieve your goals. You use your creative viewpoint on problems to develop new solutions, especially in managing escalations.
- You’re highly organized, able to balance client communications with a large number of valuable accounts, and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Based in San Francisco Bay Area.
- Willingness to travel <15%
- Knowledge of food a plus!
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
Salary Range: $69,000-$91,000
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com using “I <3 Account Manager” as your subject line and answer the following question(s):
- Tell us about a time you had an angry customer that you were able to turn around and delight.
- Tell us about a time when you had to advocate for a customer within your company. What did you advocate for and how? What was the result?