Who are we?
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs. We see food as a powerful medium to share our love and community with fellow businesses everywhere.
We’re a unique little team — company happy hour every Thursday, gratitude circle every Friday, and team lunches together all the freaking time — working hard together to build a love company.
We’re based in San Francisco’s beautiful SoMa neighborhood, and we’re over 50 people.
What’s the job, really?
Chewse feeds thousands of people every day. This role serves at the heart of the diner experience — ensuring menus are crafted thoughtfully to showcase our Restaurant Partners’ delicious food while meeting each unique customers’ needs. You’ll be on the Meal Team, which owns planning all orders across the Los Angeles and San Francisco markets.
- Quarterback Meal Planning: As Meal Coordinator, you’ll work closely with our Meal Planners to plan thousands of orders each month. As the trainer and coach to the Meal Planners, you’ll get to flex your leadership and process-building skills.
- Curate Meal Programs: Show new customers what Chewse is all about! As the owner of new customer meal programs, you’ll get to curate which restaurants and menus make the first impression.
- Craft Menus: Should Adobo Chicken be served alongside Mustard-Crusted tofu? You’re here to say “probably not.” With your food knowledge and flavor intuition, you’ll call the shots on what items we order for our customers. You’ll work across teams to build a Menu Database that will act as a guidebook for Meal Planners to follow in your footsteps of great taste!
- Quality Assurance: As you interact with our Product and customers submit feedback on meals you planned, you’ll look for areas of improvement with our menus and work with the Restaurant Partnerships Team to take action.
Who Are You?
Whether you’re always ordering for the table at dinner with friends, geeking out about the latest restaurant opening, trying a new recipe from your favorite blog or Wikipedia-stalking an obscure ingredient — food is a mainstay in your life. You are dedicated to excellent work, love to hustle and you’re always looking for ways to improve a process. Additionally, you have…
- A ridiculously high attention to detail
- Natural ability to move quickly to solve problems
- Computer fluency – You can toggle between tabs, spreadsheets and web platforms like a ninja and learn new programs quickly
- Deep understanding of ingredients, allergens and dietary restrictions
- Past experience with data entry and familiarity with Excel/Google Sheets
- Nice to haves: Past experience at startups, restaurants, on a support team and with Salesforce and Zendesk
- Patience, humility and empathy with a service-oriented mindset
- Tenacity and drive to grow within our ever-evolving startup
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
Benefits and Compensation
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse Catered Meals 3x a week and stock the office with healthy snacks
- Personal Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Team Love: Chewse teams have monthly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done
How do I apply?
Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with subject line “I <3 Meal Coordinating” with the following:
- Your resume
- Pick a restaurant in SF and tell us what you would order for a catered office lunch for 30 people. Dietary restrictions: 5 vegetarians, 1 vegan and 3 gluten free. Please include a link to the restaurant’s menu. How did you make your decision?