Who are we?
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
So What’s the Job Really?
Chewse feeds thousands of people every day. This is a full-time, non-exempt role that serves at the heart of the diner experience — ensuring menus are crafted thoughtfully to showcase our Restaurant Partners’ delicious food while meeting each unique customers’ needs. You’ll be on the Meal Team, which owns planning all orders across Chewse markets.
- Planning Meals: Help ensure our customers receive tasty and balanced meals based on various dietary restrictions and preferences.
- Quality Assurance: As you interact with our Product and customers submit feedback on meals you planned, you’ll look for areas of improvement with our menus and work with the Restaurant Partnerships Team to take action.
- Customer Advocate: You will hold a list of clients that you build meals for month over month, as you see their feedback and adjust meals to meet their needs, you’ll look for ways to improve your meal planning skills and advocate for what you find your clients are asking for.
- Data Entry: A keen eye for detail will be needed to ensure menus are planned within our system correctly, crossing all the t’s and dotting the i’s.
- Deadline driven work: This role is up against hungry clients, so successful Meal Planners move with accuracy and speed. Tasks are often repetitive, so developing a flow and building up speed will be key to succeeding in this role.
- Available for a minimum of 30 hours a week between the hours of 10am – 5pm Monday- Friday
- Computer experience – You can toggle between tabs, spreadsheets and web platforms like a ninja and have experience learning new platforms
- Past experience with data entry and familiarity with Excel/Google Sheets
- A ridiculously high attention to detail
- Natural ability to move quickly to solve problems
- Passion for food and desire to expand your food knowledge to different cuisines and dietary needs
- Customer Service Skills: Able to field customers requests with grace and empathy
- Patience, humility, and empathy with a service-oriented mindset
- Tenacity and drive to grow within our ever-evolving startup
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
- Nice to have: Past experience at startups, restaurants, on a support team and with Salesforce and Zendesk
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
Salary Range: $21-$26 per hour