Operations Supervisor, San Francisco
Who are we?
WHO WE ARE
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
Central to Chewse’s daily operations, our San Francisco Operations Supervisor will work with our San Francisco Operations Manager to hire and manage our employee team of Drivers and Meal Hosts. This role owns full-cycle team building: recruitment, interviewing, coaching and offboarding, and serves as the main point of contact for Drivers and Meal Hosts during their shifts. Outside of team building, Operations Supervisors implement and manage projects in the market to improve hiring practices, employee retention, training, inventory management, and daily operations.
This role is critical to high order performance in San Francisco: We’re a small, but quickly developing team, looking for a proven manager with a people-first approach. The best candidates rely on their candid approach, positive attitude and high energy to build and manage teams.
- Own recruitment, onboarding, training, and coaching a team of Meal Host and Drivers in San Francisco
- Ensure operations labor supply meets business demands
- Work in tandem with Human Resources and and the San Francisco Operations Manager to ensure best practices are followed
- Manage cost tracking
- Responsible for meeting COGs goals set by San Francisco Operations Manager as well as assessing cost-saving opportunities
- Assist in improving new systems from a data driven position
- You’ll be a Chewse ambassador for culture and values to your team and the clients we serve
- Be a Chewse ambassador for culture and values to your team and the clients we serve
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have at least 2 year of people management experience in the food and beverage, hotel, or delivery logistics spaces
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- You have full-cycle experience building a team: you’ve recruited, interviewed, hired, trained, coached, managed, and offboarded people. You understand the importance of discretion, professionalism, and HR policies when working with your team.
- You have working knowledge of building, maintaining and organizing a warehouse inventory system and have previous experience working with ATS
- You have worked in catering or operations for a minimum of 3 years and know how to train and manage a team to give exceptional hospitality and service
- You have an expert proficiency level of such tools as Google Sheets and Excel
- Creative and Hungry: You love to win and come up with creative and client-focused ideas to drive win/win solutions for the client and Chewse
- Motivational Leader: You have a realistic, but positive attitude, always brings good, motivating energy to your team.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re willing to build processes from scratch, able to adapt on the fly to new information, and have a strong sense of ownership.
- Radical Candor: You speak with high care and high directness, giving frequent feedback. You’re an empathetic, vulnerable listener.
- Organized: You’re detail-oriented, modeling organized behavior for your team. You coach your team to the right standards when they’re not displayed.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- Compensation range: This is an hourly, full-time (30+ hours weekly) role, paying $24 – $40.80 per hour, plus generous equity in the company
Please send your resume, cover letter, and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I <3 San Francisco Operations Supervisor”:
- Tell us about a time when a team member you were managing wasn’t meeting their goal, and how you handled it.
- Tell us about a mistake you made as a leader, and what lessons you learned from it.
- Outline the number of people you’ve managed directly and indirectly, and what roles were they in.
- Rate these in order of importance as it relates to how a business operates: profit, product, people, principle