Restaurant Partnerships Specialist
Who are we?
Restaurant Partnerships Specialist
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs. We see food as a powerful medium to share our love and community with fellow businesses everywhere.
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
This role serves the heart of Chewse’s product – the food we serve to thousands of diners everyday in partnership with hundreds of restaurants. You’ll work closely with our restaurant partners to ensure they’re set-up for success in preparing delicious family style meals. We’re looking for someone with equal parts knowledge of food and restaurants and experience executing on successful partnerships.
Chewse’s Restaurant Partners are a diverse group – from James Beard Award Winners to local favorites, our partners turn to us for our values of food integrity, transparency and respect to grow their catering programs. Ideal candidates are committed to a partnership approach with an understanding of a restaurant owner’s point of view.
- Build Relationships: Be the ambassador of our values by building strong relationships with your restaurant partners, helping them grow and be profitable on our platform.
- Strategic Account Management: Find the intersection of food quality and competitive pricing with your partners, developing menu compositions and negotiating pricing that lead to mutual profitability.
- Exceptional Service: Communicate with your partners regularly through email, phone and face to face interactions. Ensure they have the information and resources they need to successfully execute their orders and that their questions and updates are resolved quickly.
- Performance Management: Ensure your restaurant partners meet Chewse standards of order accuracy, timeliness, food quality, and food safety, resolving major account issues both proactively and as they arise.
- Onboard New Partners: Train new partners on Chewse operations and support their early success by maintaining a proactive pulse on their first orders.
- Work Cross-Functionally: Work with other teams to develop and scale new programs and projects that support company goals.
- Support Scalability: Constantly work to iterate and improve on processes and tooling to ensure Chewse’s scalability as we grow rapidly in new and existing markets.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Advanced understanding of restaurant industry economics, including experience with margins and menu costing
- Experience with vendor or partnership management
- Comfort and skill navigating high stakes negotiations
- Intermediate to advanced experience with menu or recipe development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to make data driven decisions, and fluency navigating and writing formulas in Excel/Google Sheets
- Nice to haves: Past startup experience, experience with Salesforce and Zendesk, customer service experience, and bilingual, particularly Spanish-speaking
- Patience, humility and empathy to work alongside the rapidly changing restaurant world, and inside our growing company
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse Catered Meals 3x a week and stock the office with healthy snacks
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Team Love: Chewse teams have monthly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done
- Compensation range: $74k – $117k with 0.04% – 0.063% equity
Send email@example.com an email with subject line “I <3 Restaurant Partnerships” with the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us about you, why you’re a fit for this role, and a description of your approach to a recent professional negotiation.