Silicon Valley Delivery Driver and Operations Team Member
Who are we?
Chewse is hiring Delivery Drivers!
Our part time team’s main responsibility is ensuring that their deliveries are on time, accurate, and completed with the quality of hospitality that we feel is in line with our values and standards. Plus, opportunities for growth!
- We pay our employees hourly, not per delivery! $20-$27/hr based on experience
- Work with people who are passionate about community
- Parking, mileage, and phone reimbursements
- Lunch 2-3 times a week in the office, company gatherings, meetings and outings
- Paid sick leave
- Human Contact! Every team member works with a Support team and a direct supervisor
Who Are You?
- Must be available minimum 3 days per week, M-F from 10am to 12pm
- You’re friendly and outgoing – our clients and restaurants love us for our approaches to customer service and partnership
- You appreciate feedback and candor, and are interested in pushing yourself and others to do well
- You are a scrappy problem solver, and can keep a cool head while navigating the streets of Silicon Valley
- You believe punctuality is the first step to success – timeliness is key to a successful delivery, and our clients depend on it
- You are excited to work for a mission-driven company
- You have excellent verbal and written skills, both in person and by telephone
- You are detail-oriented
- You demonstrate the ability to problem-solve in the moment and execute solutions with firms judgment
- Experience in the hospitality and/or customer service world preferred
Essential Duties & Functions
- You are 18 or older, own a car with valid drivers license, registration, and insurance
- You have a minimum of 2 years driving experience in the U.S.
- You have a clean driving record and will pass driver background checks
Additional Job Requirements
- You can lift and carry 40 lbs
- You own a smartphone & are proficient at navigating multiple apps at a time
- You can operate a phone – including talking to our Support Team – in urgent situations
- You can communicate across multiple teams
- The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to come and go from the work area regularly, talk, listen, use a personal computer and telephone, read and understand documents containing text and/or numbers.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
CHEWSE BRINGS OFFICES TOGETHER OVER SHARED MEALS
We believe offices everywhere should be places of togetherness, places to bring your authentic self, places to truly connect with your peers over something meaningful. Food has that power. That’s why we feed thousands of people every day. Join us, and help make work great.
Chewse, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We seek to employ the most qualified person in every job. All applicants for employment are required to complete and submit this Employment Application. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identify, gender expression, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.