VP of Operations
Who are we?
VP of Operations
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. On a monthly basis, we serve over 19,000 people. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can focus on doing great work, with amazing people, on time. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions. 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
What’s the job, really?
The VP Ops will provide operational leadership and scale our systems as we grow nationwide. You’re responsible for developing and executing overall strategy for all critical operations & logistics departments including customers ops, restaurant ops, city ops and expansion. You’re a key member of the Executive team, reporting to the COO.
- Lead city operations managers, defining the balance between standardization and creativity/flexibility in each market
- Bring to life high standards of hospitality through empowering & training our frontline teams of drivers, hosts and help desk associates
- Drive retention by ensuring an exceptional customer experience for existing clients
- Oversee restaurant partnership selection & utilization
- Partner with Product & Engineering to continuously improve tech infrastructure for ops teams, including systems for delivery, logistics and communication
- Monitor and control costs in all markets, working closely with Finance to develop and track quarterly goals
- Work with People team to refine and implement HR policies throughout the organization
- Identify, train and develop rising operations leaders
What do we look for?
- 7+ years of direct operations management, including responsibility over both part time and full time teams
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling systems, process, and teams
- Experience at a company expanding into new markets
- Extreme sense of ownership over your work, career
- Orientation towards diving into the details and discovering trends
- Exemplary communication and motivation skills
- Bonus points for experience in hospitality or retail industries
- Substantial analytical/data processing hard skills (ex. with Excel, BI tools, data modeling) at some point in your career
Who are you?
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’ve built systems and grown teams, and you know how to scale them. You live for this stuff.
- You care deeply about people. You measure your success in large part by the success of teammates, and you care about helping your people grow both personally and professionally.
- Problem solving makes you downright giddy. You look at the details of life through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency.
- You are intrigued by the world of food operations. Dietary restrictions, portioning, tray size, oh my! This is a world you’ve either explored already or you’re eager to tackle.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Stock Options: We want you to be a key part of the amazing things we’re building
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Career Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Team Love: Chewse teams have monthly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done
- Compensation Range: $165 – $210K; 0.6% – 1%