Who we are
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. We serve over 19,000 people on a monthly basis, delivering family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals so companies large and small can focus on doing great work. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. We’re working hard every day on building a love company.
Who are you?
- You have the ability to understand a problem at a conceptual level, break it down into smaller pieces, and then rally the team to make decisions and execute on them.
- You understand that you cannot do it all yourself and know how to best take advantage of your team’s strengths.
- You love solving tough problems! We have a mixture of logistic (last mile delivery) and data modeling challenges to support a scaling company.
What’s the job, really?
- This is a senior individual contributor role leading a team of 3-5 engineers across the full stack
- You will be leading development of a new platform with a new team of engineers
- You will actively participate in design/architecture decisions
- You will dive into legacy code and determine what’s worth keeping and what should be taken apart
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- You will directly contribute to features and bug fixes to the codebase
What do we look for?
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on web development
- Expertise in Python or Ruby
- Experience working with web frameworks like Django or Rails
- Solid understanding of SQL database development (NoSQL a Plus)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like React.js, vue.js
- Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred
- Humble confidence strictly required
What we offer
- Salary: 140K-170K
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Lead Engineer”.