Who we are!
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. On a monthly basis, we serve over 19,000 people. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can focus on doing great work, with amazing people, on time. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions. 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are a unique little team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. Every day we are working hard on building a love company.
***This role is located in San Francisco and supports our HQ Office.
Who you are:
- You have a big ambition to create greatness, and that’s why startups and all of their ups and downs excite you.
- You take pride in your work – honestly, you could work for any normal company, but you want to see the impact of your contribution.
- You are, a curious sort, you relish the opportunity to learn by doing in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- You are a Jack (or Jill!) of all trades – getting to work with all kinds of people on a variety of problems is your dream.
- You enjoy a challenge – and can be the go-to person for any number of projects and challenges that come up for any team member.
- You are totally zen under pressure – you know that the most random things come up last-minute, and that’s cool. Big or small, you can handle these surprises gracefully.
- You are a curator of community! You are a “people person” who strives to make a daily impact on the team, But you’re not afraid and feel empowered to say no (with heart) when it’s necessary.
- Being a team of one excites you. You’ve got the latitude to work with Chewse’s CEO & COO to prioritize and drive your own projects. This is your chance to show your self-sufficiency and also provide for the community.
What’s the job, really:
- Office Management (Anticipating office/ facilities needs, partnering with the Accounting Manager to ensure office budgets stay on track and bringing additional needs to the accounting team as necessary, creating and maintaining systems for a smoothly-run office)
- Chewse offices are busy and fun, and we need someone who can keep our offices and facility running like clockwork – Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the office, which includes ensuring cleanliness of the conference rooms, kitchen, and conference rooms – Ensure office equipment, systems, and other related Company tools are available and functioning
- HR Sidekick (Onboarding new hires, occasional administration tasks, and support for inter-work relationships, keeping the work fam happy!) You will also work closely with the People Operations Manager to ensure that each Chewse employee has the tools and environment to do their best work.
- Culture + Community, planning internal events, Holidays, company celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries) community service/ outreach, retreats, reward, and recognition, etc..
- Food Manager (Procure and manage the team’s snacks and be our test for the Chewse product!)
- Assist the CEO, COO and VP of Finance with day-to-day tasks and ad-hoc projects
What do we look for:
- 2+ years experience in office management is required. Facilities management, operations and/ or event planning is a plus.
- Ability to create and sustain strong interpersonal relationships. High emotional intelligence and positive attitude – Boundless attitude towards building company culture
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and adopt a “no task too big or too small” attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Professional business communications, both written and verbal. You can get your point across clearly and with heart.
- High level of confidentiality, discernment, and judgment
- Experience with Google Apps, Excel, Slack, and other similar software
- Past startup and HR experience is a bonus
Benefits and Compensation:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
Comp will include salary and stock options:
$57k – $75k; .004-.008%
How to apply:
- Please email email@example.com with the subject line “I <3 Office Love Manager” with a resume, cover letter, and the answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to cultivate culture at Chewse?
- If you were a superhero what would your superpower be and why?