Operations Manager, Austin TX
Who are we?
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
Chewse is hiring immediately for aAustin Operations Manager to lead our growing Operations Team. You’ll manage the largest team inAustin, comprised of part-time Supervisors, Trainers, Delivery Drivers and Meal Hosts. Your team will ensure a sound business foundation and excellent Client service by owning part-time employee recruitment, management and performance, an high-functioning local warehouse, accurate spending and budgeting, and building process that scales as the market scales.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need deep people management experience, an analytical and process driven approach, and be a true ambassador for our values of fearless introspection, intellectual curiosity, and authentic connection. Beyond that, you’ll help our young startup build scalable jobs and systems that take the company to its next stage. Sound like you? Keep reading!
This role will work out of the Chewse office in Austin, Texas.
- Manage People – Lead recruitment, management and HR compliance for theAustin Operations Team, comprised of Supervisors, Trainers, Drivers and Meal Hosts. The Austin Operations Team will grow to 100+ part-time employees across many levels, and you’ll be managing managers.
- Manage Culture – You’ll not only own scaling excellent service, but developing a deep commitment to Chewse’s mission and culture in every Austin Operations Team employee
- Manage Costs – Ensure your department is not only meeting budget, but working to lower costs over time in a sustainable way.
- Analyze Data – Report on, model and evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of acquisition, engagement, and retention programs for our part-time Driver and Host team, constantly working to lower costs and improve efficiency.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to recruitment strategies
- Influence – Work cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives with Austin leaders.
- You have 3+ years management experience building and leading large teams, and are well-versed in HR compliance regulations. Your team at Chewse will grow to over 100 part-time employees across many levels, and you’ll be managing managers.
- You’re known for your detail-oriented, data-driven and diligent approach to executing daily operations. You have intermediate to advanced Excel / Google Sheets experience – you’ve built operational and cost models in the past.
- You care deeply about people and culture, putting integrity, empathy and curiosity at the heart of how you lead. You’ll own implementing our Good Jobs Strategy in Austin, developing people through coaching, and ensuring clear process to meet the goals of this strategy.
- You have a deep passion for hospitality and building community through food and people.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.