Who we are
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. We serve over 19,000 people on a monthly basis, delivering family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals so companies large and small can focus on doing great work. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. We’re working hard every day on building a love company.
Who are you?
- You love solving tough problems! We have a mixture of logistic (last mile delivery) and data modeling challenges to support a scaling company.
- You have the ability to understand a problem at a conceptual level, break it down into smaller pieces, and then rally the team to make decisions and execute on them
- You love driving system architecture decisions
What’s the job, really?
- This is a senior individual contributor role reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Leading the design and architecture of our new backend platform
- Diving into legacy code an determine what’s worth keeping and what should be taken apart
- Helping pick the right technologies for the job
- Ensuring high standards of quality work across the team
- Directly contributing features and bug fixes to the codebase
What do we look for?
- 5-8 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in Python/Django
- Experience designing and architecting complex backend systems
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of REST API development
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers
- Humble confidence strictly required
What we offer
- Salary: $150K-$190K
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Principal Engineer”.