Product Manager – Core
Product Designer (Core)
Who we are
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. We serve over 19,000 people on a monthly basis, delivering family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals so companies large and small can focus on doing great work. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. We’re working hard every day on building a love company.
Where we are
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
Who are you?
- You’re tool-agnostic and comfortable staying updated on industry standards, yet you’re proficient at widely used tools like Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- You work closely with Engineers to ensure high-quality translation of your designs, yet you’re also able to empathize and know when to advocate for them
- You have the confidence to deliver quality work while leaving ego at the door
- You’re pro-design critiques, always willing to give and receive feedback and turn it into action
- You’re a strong advocate for the end user
- You care about the larger business strategy and are willing to engage in constant, cross-functional collaboration in order to make informed design decisions
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re comfortable with deadlines and quick iteration (sharing early and often!)
What’s the job, really?
- Interacting with stakeholders to clearly understand product requirements
- Owning the design process from discovery all the way to implementation
- Working collaboratively with engineers and a Product Manager (as part of a full-stack scrum team) to build out your designs and materialize our shared vision
- Owning the underlying user experience of our internal tools, ensuring successful interactions at every touchpoint
- Coordinating with other teams on projects and striving to stay on track with the predetermined goals and deadlines
- Being comfortable with iterative design processes that include managing feedback from multiple sources
- Joining us as we develop our design strategy and Chewse’s design culture
What do we look for?
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end Product Design
- A strong portfolio with a clear demonstration of design and systems thinking and your ability to create successful, user-centered solutions
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them out successfully
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to inform design decisions
- Someone who can dig deep into usability testing and analytics to shape the design strategy and tactical improvements to meet the team’s KPIs
- Experience with dashboards and data presentation a plus
Why should you care?
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language. We serve Chewse-catered meals 3x a week, gather once a month for company-wide bonding activities and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development Fund: All of our employees receive towards workshops, conferences, or classes of their choice
- Team Love: Quarterly bonding activities!
- Salary Range: $120-150K, Equity options
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Product Designer – Core”