Product Manager – Core
Product Manager (Core)
Who we are
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. We serve over 19,000 people on a monthly basis, delivering family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals so companies large and small can focus on doing great work. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. We’re working hard every day on building a love company.
Where we are
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
Who are you?
- You are intellectually curious and have an insatiable desire to solve problems.
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups and leading cross-functional teams.
- You have the ability to sweat the details and then flip the switch to zoom out to understand the corporate strategy.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support your teammates in order to deliver impactful solutions to our user groups.
- You have a strong “product gut” but stringently use data to bolster your arguments/hypotheses.
- You care about your co-workers and are invested in their growth professionally and personally.
What’s the job, really?
- Working in a scrum team with dedicated engineers, you’ll be gathering requirements from cross-functional teams, building the core platform for the company and helping us achieve corporate goals
- Understand the intimate details and business logic/rules to optimize and iterate on the core platform
- Ability to articulate your vision, influence decision-makers and communicate progress to all internal departments
- Prioritize the most impactful projects into a roadmap and drive new feature development with your team
- Define and create user stories/tickets and work with your scrum team partners to manage the sprint schedule and push for increasing velocity
- Work closely with the different functional heads in the company: sales, marketing, vendor relationship, client experience, operations, and the help desk
- Communicate and coordinate with the other product scrum teams to ensure that the roadmaps are in sync
- This role reports to the Product Management Manager
What do we look for?
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager responsible for full lifecycle development (including post launch metric measurement) of a data driven system platform using REST APIs (consumer or enterprise)
- Experience working with cross-functional departments to gather requirements and evangelize projects and prioritization
- You feel comfortable acting as a de-facto project manager to ensure your team stays on track
- Ability to mentor less experienced product managers to help elevate their game
- Ability to take full ownership of a product scrum team and lead the team to achieve success with minimal oversight
Why should you care?
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language. We serve Chewse-catered meals 3x a week, gather once a month for company-wide bonding activities and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development Fund: All of our employees receive towards workshops, conferences, or classes of their choice
- Team Love: Quarterly bonding activities.
- Salary Range: $120-150K, Equity options
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Product Manager – Core”.