Business Development Manager
Who are we?
Restaurant Acquisition Specialist
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs. We see food as a powerful medium to share our love and community with fellow businesses everywhere.
Restaurant Acquisition Specialists are Chewse’s eyes and ears in the restaurant industry, establishing partnerships with top quality restaurants and caterers across all Chewse markets. You’ll work from our HQ office in San Francisco to acquire partnerships across the country, supporting Chewse’s nationwide expansion while providing consistent new variety for our customers in established markets.
We’re looking for someone with a strong foundation of restaurant industry insight and a proven track record of establishing long-lasting partnerships.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Manage a sales pipeline: Build and manage a pipeline of restaurant contacts, moving qualified opportunities through the process quickly in order to meet your monthly quota of closed partnerships. Most interactions are through email or phone.
- Prospect high value partnerships: While a team of SDRs will set you up with qualified opportunities, you’ll engage with and prospect high value contacts regularly, ensuring that your pipeline includes plenty of notable opportunities.
- Develop menu proposals: Build menu and pricing proposals for restaurants. Collaborate and negotiate with chefs/managers/owners on your proposals to establish offerings that are competitively priced, meet the Chewse diner’s needs and accurately showcase the restaurant’s food.
- Discover challenges, overcome objections: Engage your opportunities with genuine curiosity and communicate the value of a Chewse partnership through every stage of the acquisition process, from initial discovery to pricing negotiation to close.
- Build and improve process: We’re a startup, after all! Refine our Restaurant Acquisition process and tooling alongside your team to ensure scalability and improvement as we grow.
- Experience managing or closely interacting with restaurant P&Ls
- Understanding of restaurant operations and the challenges of operating a restaurant today
- Experience with menu building and deep familiarity with ingredients, dietary restrictions and allergens
- Previous experience working with/alongside restaurant owners/chefs/restaurant managers
- Familiarity with and passion for learning about restaurant/food industry trends and news across the United States
- Experience with managing a pipeline of opportunities from afar while consistently meeting and exceeding aggressive quotas
- A refined, tried and tested approach to high stakes negotiations
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely
- A naturally friendly and curious demeanor that builds trust and rapport off the bat
- Proven track record of meeting time-bounded goals
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to make data driven decisions, and fluency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Flexibility to travel to Chewse’s new and existing markets regularly to meet with and vet prospective partners
- Nice to haves: Past startup experience, experience with Salesforce
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse Catered Meals 3x a week and stock the office with healthy snacks.
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have monthly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- Compensation range: $80k – $100k with 0.02% – 0.03% equity.
Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with subject line “I <3 Restaurant Acquisition” with the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us about you, why you’re a fit for this role, and a description of your proudest business development or sales achievement and why you’re proud of it.