Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. We serve over 19,000 people on a monthly basis, delivering family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals so companies large and small can focus on doing great work. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. We’re working hard every day on building a love company.
Who are you?
- You love solving tough problems! We have a mixture of logistic (last mile delivery) and data modeling challenges to support a scaling company.
- You take pride in building clean, modular code.
- You are a problem solver, you don’t need all the logic spelled out.
What’s the job, really?
- You will work as part of a team to help build our new backend platform
- You will build complex software services to optimize meal planning and delivery
- You will dive into legacy code to determine what’s worth keeping and what should be taken apart
What do we look for?
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience developing in Python (preferred) or Ruby
- Experience working with Django (or Rails) in a production environment
- Solid understanding SQL database development (NoSQL a Plus)
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Humble confidence strictly required
What we offer
- Salary: 125K-160K
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sr. Backend Engineer”.