Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
Who are you?
- You love solving tough problems! We have a mixture of logistic (last mile delivery) and data modeling challenges to support a scaling company.
- You take pride in building clean, modular code.
- You are a problem solver, you don’t need all the logic spelled out.
What’s the job, really?
- You will work as part of a team to help build our new backend platform
- You will build complex software services to optimize meal planning and delivery
- You will dive into legacy code to determine what’s worth keeping and what should be taken apart
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience developing in Python (preferred) or Ruby
- Experience working with Django (or Rails) in a production environment
- Solid understanding SQL database development (NoSQL a Plus)
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Humble confidence strictly required
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Salary: 125K-160K
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.