City Launcher, Growth Specialist
Who are we?
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
WHAT’S THE EXPANSION TEAM?
The Expansion Team owns bringing Chewse to new markets around the country – analyzing top market opportunities, modeling the go-to-market plans, and sending out Launch Teams to bring our 3-sided marketplace to life. The Expansion Team is uniquely cross-functional at Chewse, blending BizOps, Sales and Marketing, People, Logistics, and Restaurant Relations all under one team’s roof. We’re looking for strong performers who can move fast, have a natural aptitude for blending creativity with business acumen, and are excited to bring Chewse’s mission to the world.
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
Our City Launchers are a critical piece of Chewse’s success, responsible for operationalizing new cities from scratch in a matter of months. This is an intense, business-side startup role, where there’s no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can’t just be smart – you have to self-motivated, highly analytical, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As a City Launcher, your team will enter new markets, establish Restaurant partnerships, hire for our local team, build Client relationships, open the local office and warehouse, and embed Chewse within the local community. You’ll run all on-the-ground activities required for Chewse to succeed, while simultaneously learning about and responding to the nuances required to be successful. You’re not just known for being a hustler – you’re THE hustler: entrepreneurial, incredibly adaptable, ambitious to exceed your goals. This job requires full-time travel.
- Travel – You’ll move to a new city several times a year, launching Chewse from scratch in that market: research and preparation, on the ground work to build a success business foundation, and passing on the market to the new local team
- Sell Offices on Chewse – Kick start the market’s initial pipeline and meet quota for Clients in the market by developing relationships through phone, email and in-person networking
- Own Local Marketing – Produce events and guerilla marketing in the local market to drive your pipeline and overall Chewse brand awareness
- Own Government and Community Relationships – Build relationships with local allies, establishing Chewse as an economic driver for their city
- Lead Active Learning – Enter new markets requires constant learning and adapting. You’ll orient Chewse to the needs of each new market, actively learning as you launch. You’ll also serve as the local coach and trainer for new hires.
- Analyze Data – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of acquisition, engagement, and retention programs on all sides of our marketplace.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection to client profiles.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives and improve opportunities.
- Build – As one of the first members of Chewse’s Launch Team, you’ll contribute directly to building Chewse’s Launch and Expansion systems, making them faster, more cost effective, and more efficient.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are excited to travel full time and immediately, moving to new cities throughout the year, and making your Launch Team your new family on the road
- You have 2 – 5 years experience in consulting, finance or strategic operations, sales or biz dev in a startup environment, but relevant experience plus the right attitude is better
- You’re resourceful, analytical, adaptable, entrepreneurial, and ambitious
- You do your best work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You’re a relationship builder and expert communicator, known for your ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You’re known for your problem solving skills, synthesizing complex projects and independently translating high-level goals into actionable plans
- You care deeply about culture: you’ve always wanted to work at a company that values bringing your whole self to work
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- While you’re traveling, housing is provided
- Comp range between 68k – $115k with generous equity
TO APPLY, Click – HERE!
Who are you?
- a degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- an equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position
Experience Building a Hybrid Engineering Team:
- must have experience building and managing a distributed team (a mix of offshore developers and local developers)
- sourcing, recruiting and building the offshore team to augment the current local developers will be a high priority for this role
- must be technologically adept and demonstrate outstanding computer skills
- s/he possesses an innate understanding of data modeling for scalability and performance as well as a strong front-end and back-end frameworks
- native mobile app development experience is a plus (iOS and Android)
- 7 – 10 years of overall work experience with at least 4 years of experience as an Engineering Manager (managing 5 to 10 engineers)
- the ability to motivate/coach engineers to ensure successful completion of projects on time
- clarity in communications with cross-functional teams
- report on status of current & future sprints, quality, and system performance to senior leadership.
- a keen eye for detail, a constant and insatiable thirst for knowledge, and an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring the same in their peers and direct reports
- demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, having an ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision
Why should you care?
- Stock Options: We want you to be a key part of the amazing things we’re building
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Company Meal Program: Food is our love language, so we guarantee catered lunch 3x/week, gather for a weekly company happy hour, and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Career Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done
- Compensation Range: $160K – 230K; 0.6% – 1.1%
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I <3 Head of Engineering”.