Sales Manager, Silicon Valley
Who are we?
Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
Critical to Chewse’s growth, our Silicon Valley Sales Manager will lead ourSilicon Valley Account Executives to drive new revenue for Chewse, and also be responsible for local marketing strategy and execution. We’re a small, but quickly developing team, looking for a proven manager with a people-first approach to help us build.
We’ll look to you to not only help us grow, but establish and run experiments, build process, and guide us to see new opportunities. As Chewse is an early stage company, you’ll depend on your entrepreneurial background and passion for learning and building to be successful. As a leader and manager, you’ll rely on your candid approach, positive attitude and high energy to build and manage your team.
This role is based in our Menlo Park office.
- You’ll own recruitment, training, managing and coaching a team of Account Executives in Silicon Valley
- You’ll drive revenue through local marketing, assessing ROI on event sponsorships, partnerships, and guerilla marketing campaigns
- You’ll lead your team to meeting and exceeding their new revenue goals by developing and managing the team’s daily activities
- You’ll work with the Global Head of Growth to establish sales processes, metrics, and tooling for our developing team, working toward consistent improvements in efficiency and happiness
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years of salesperson management of quota-carrying teams
- Consistent history of your teams meeting and beating quotas
- Proven experience building, hiring, and training salespeople, and developing successful sales teams with enthusiastic leadership
- Experience with short sales cycles (<90 day cycle), and recurring transactions
- Experience analyzing funnel metrics to identify trends and turn them into action to push the sales process forward
- Solid understanding and experience managing and administering Salesforce to ensure full team usage and accurate data
- Creative and Hungry: You love to win and come up with creative and client-focused ideas to drive win/win solutions for the client and Chewse
- Motivational Leader: You have a realistic, but positive attitude, always brings good, motivating energy to your team.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re willing to build processes from scratch, able to adapt on the fly to new information, and have a strong sense of ownership.
- Radical Candor: You speak with high care and high directness, giving frequent feedback. You’re an empathetic, vulnerable listener.
- Organized: You’re detail-oriented, modeling organized behavior for your reps.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- Compensation: OTE ranges $120k – $230k based on experience, plus generous equity